litho stone follow-up

I'm hoping the printers on the list will indulge me once again.

The litho stone I bought arrived and much to my surprise the right reading
text on the stone, which is the typical bavarian limestone, is engraved into
the stone. I inked and wiped the stone as you would an intaglio plate to get
the text to stand out nicely and it is a beautiful object. While I like to
think I'm at least as bright as the average bear, this has me stumped. If
inked and printed from the stone, besides the obvious slowness of the
process, the text would be wrong reading (is that the opposite of right
reading?) on the paper.

If designed to use on an offset press, I can't imagine a way to quickly
re-ink the plate with each impression. If it is designed to just make a
plate from, I can't imagine what type of rigid plate would be able to be
pressed down into the engraved text.

The text is a voucher for The Seaboard Oil Company in Jacksonville,
Florida - obviously a business form that was needed in mass. The stone is 5"
x 8.5" x 3", so I'm assuming it was designed to print the vouchers on a 1/2
sheet of paper. The back side of the stone is blank.

I realize this might not be of interest to everyone - feel free to email off
list.

with best wishes,
Roberta

Pendleton, Oregon