French Binders and Printers

I was in Chartres in June last year and met a young bookbinder named Sebastien Lefebvre.  He has a
small bindery called Atelier de Reliure at #2 Rue du Bourg (very close to the Cathedral - phone
02-37-90-33-89).  He speaks only French.  He was doing blank journals and some rebinding and
restoration work when I was there.

In Paris I enjoyed a visit to Relma, a binding supply company in the Latin quarter (3 rue des
Poitevins) and their framing business across the street.  They have an excellent range of decorative
and marbled papers, binding tools and equipment, leather and more.  They do mail order as well, and
will provide you with a catalogue on request.  Some of their staff speak English.

Kathy Hamre
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada