websites

Hello,

I'm curious about people's experiences with their own small business
websites. I'm planning to upgrade my own as a tool for showing and selling my
handmade paper products.

To those of you who have websites on which you sell products/work:

I'm wondering if your website actually generates much business itself, or
what marketing strategies you've used to get people to look at your site.

I'm looking for an economical way to accept credit cards -- I know there are
services that allow for e-commerce. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
Helen Hiebert