Re: websites

Helen,

I'm a professional calligrapher/artist/designer, and I'd say the majority of
my business now is from my website. (Mostly fine art calligraphic
commissions and graphic design, plus fine art prints, which I sell through
my website, as well as wholesaling through other retail sites.)  Search
engine optimization is very important, and unfortunately registering with
search engines is getting more and more expensive.

I looked into credit cards last year. Costco had by far the best rates, but
I haven't signed up yet, because I don't have enough of a need for it yet to
justify the monthly expense. Don't know how they are for service, though a
friend uses them and seems satisfied.

It is also easy to set up an account with PayPal, or one of the other
similar services, though I haven't done that either. I know people who have
been happy with it, though.

Good luck,
Melissa

Melissa Dinwiddie Designworks
Fine Art, Lettering & Design for Print and Web
http://www.mddesignworks.com
info@mddesignworks.com
Ketubahworks
Fine Art Heirlooms for Weddings & Commitments
http://www.ketubahworks.com
ketubah@ketubahworks.com