Re: websites

At 08:55 AM 02/28/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I think a website is a great place to allow customers to order items you are
>promoting in other mediums.

I have had my book website for about 8 years now. I took the trouble to
learn to write HTML at the beginning, so I can do anyhthing I want on my
own (and others) website. The other thing I learned was how to
promote/market online. The two have to go together - website and promotion
- or it just doesn't work. As Randy Ridley mentioned, it takes lots of time
and has to be continuous to network your presence online. There are dozens
of kinds of places to put in a URL. I'm found in some of the most curious
places... but that works! I find that each year, my income from selling my
books has increased, according to the efforts I have put in promoting.

I haven't put in credit card availability (probably should - it increases
sales by 60%), but I've done it for other websites, and found it to be a
big pain in the behind. I'd recommend Paypal any day. Or get someone to do
the cc thing on your website for you.

Pat Baldwin
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before.