Re: Suggestion for thread needed

I have just sewn a book which incorporated copper mesh ribbon as an external
part of the structure, attaching signatures to the ribbon.  At first I
wanted to try metallic embroidery floss, but the store didn't have any in
copper.  I bought instead Sulky Metallic tread, used for machine embroidery.
It is very fine, but very strong.  I used it as a four-ply (using four
strands through the needle) and was very pleased with the sewing result.  If
you wanted it even thicker you could make it six-ply.

The one time I did try metallic embroidery floss it tangled terribly and was
hard to sew with.  This metallic thread never tangled.  I plan to do a
Coptic stitch binding with it as it is so attractive.

d. guffey