Re: [BKARTS] WOID #VII-22. There goes the neighborhood

Paul T Werner calls our attention to the New York Times (Fri 3/29/2002, E35)
where the Time's art critic Holland Cotter concludes a mention to artists
books by hoping the Museum of Modern Art "will do something to sustain this
embracing, multitasking cultural spirit."

To paraphrase, I think it is safe to say that the Museum of Modern Art could
"do something MORE to sustain this embracing, multitasking cultural spirit."
Considering that the Museum of Modern Art considers itself to be the premier
presenter of contemporary art in the U.S.A. they do damn little to promote,
collect, educate, evaluate, represent and preserve the book arts.

Ed Hutchins