Re: [BKARTS] [[BKARTS] What is leatherette?]

Michael-

I think Leatherette was a trade name for imitation leather that
finally ended in the public domain, like Thermos. Current usage
seems to describe vinyl or other non-leather goods that have the
appearance of leather, and substitute for it in traditional uses.
I've also seen (from the far east) mention of "imitation leatherette",
perhaps conjured up by some customs dignitary with not enough to do.

best regards,

Tony Archer

Michael Stewart <WeSpeakVolumes@AOL.COM> wrote:I think I know what leatherette
is, but would any members care to enlighten
me so I can make sure of my technical knowledge?

Thank you,
Mike S.