[BKARTS] Inquiry Re Paste Paper

I have a few questions concerning the use of acrylic paints in making
paste paper (as I'm guessing or hoping that some book binders also
make their own paste paper).

First, is there an appreciable difference in the quality of acylic paints
when used in paste papers?  I don't know if it's necessary to use top
quality acrylics.  Will lower grade acrylics crack and peel?  Or will
they do just fine.  This is not for professional work, as I am just
getting starting in book making.

And, what is the best consistency of acrylic for use in paste paper?
Should I buy the thicker consistency that some sites have available,
or just stick with standard tubes?

Finally, though I have a plethora of paste paper recipes, few if any
discuss the type of paper to be used.  At last year's Book Arts Fair
in Austin, TX, a fairly thick paper was used, but I don't know what
it was or how many options there are.  What is the best kind or
several kinds of paper types and weights to be used for paste
papers?

Many thanks in advance,
Jayne Willingham