Re: [BKARTS] Inquiry Re Paste Paper

>First, is there an appreciable difference in the quality of acylic paints
>when used in paste papers?  I don't know if it's necessary to use top
>quality acrylics.  Will lower grade acrylics crack and peel?  Or will
>they do just fine.  This is not for professional work, as I am just
>getting starting in book making.

I use "house brand" acrylic paints from the Art Store here in San
Diego.  They work just fine.

>Finally, though I have a plethora of paste paper recipes,

I also use pre-prepared wall paper paste instead of making my own.  Quick,
and doesn't get smelly after a few days.

>few if any
>discuss the type of paper to be used.  At last year's Book Arts Fair
>in Austin, TX, a fairly thick paper was used, but I don't know what
>it was or how many options there are.  What is the best kind or
>several kinds of paper types and weights to be used for paste
>papers?

As long as the paper doesn't fall apart when wet, it will generally work
for paste paper.  Ingres works great, but then again, so does Strathmore
sketch paper.

Kathie
San Diego