Re: [BKARTS] board shear---(loop gauge)

In a message dated 5/31/02 9:48:50 PM, virginia@GROVE.NET writes:

<< It's an old shear, and I have no idea who the manufacturer was.

A loop gauge is a hinged bar on the side of the blade away from the table. >>

Virginia,
It sounds like the spring-loaded/hinged gauge that is available on the
JACQUES and many other board shears -- old and new. The gauge on my JACQUES
is not square either, however, it simply clamps over the primary right gauge.
To adjust it to square, I have added a shim; a piece of metal, plastic --
such as MYLAR, or even paper could be used. If your spring gauge cannot be
adjusted with a shim, you may have to remove it, enlarge the bolt hole(s),
and reassemble, squared.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike