Re: [BKARTS] Open Book?

At 06:05 PM 6/1/02 -0400, you wrote:
Katie,

I'm fond of anclassic album structure in which the single sheets are
attached to each other on hinges. There is no sewing involved and the
pagers lie flat, open all the way to the spine.  I just completed such an
album  for a furniture maker based on this structure.  I will send you
photos if you'd like, and directions for the album from one of my favorite
books: Bookbinding by Hand, by Laurence Town.
Please respond off-list.

Betty

>Hello all
>
>I'm looking for advice on a book structure that will work for a fairly
>large, elegant album-type book, with single sheets. I was going to use a
>post binding, but I'd prefer a binding that will allow the book to open
>either flat or close to it. I don't want to use a spiral or variations
>thereof. Since this will be an edition (probably 20), I'd also prefer a
>structure that requires a minimum of tedious labor.
>
>Any suggestions?
>

>Katie Harper
>Ars Brevis Press
>Cincinnati, OH