Re: [BKARTS] "Transvision" transparency sheets and inks?

In a message dated 6/11/02 8:13:15 AM, bill@WILLIAMTOZIER.COM writes:

<< If I were guessing from the feel and texture, I'd think they were
Mylar -- but I'm not convinced Mylar was around in the mid 1960s. Any
advice would be welcomed.

DuPont Mylar was first manufactured in the late 1950's.
You mention that:
"The plastic is surprisingly supple and strong, has kept its transparency
very well, and yet is extremely thin."
While Mylar (polyester film) is strong and SHOULD remain transparent for a
LONG time, it is not -- in my opinion -- supple (as in soft and supple).
You might also like to know that most polyester films, such as DuPont Mylar,
need to be coated to permit printing.
You might have the film tested to determine its type.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695