Re: [BKARTS] "Transvision" transparency sheets and inks?

It took some searching, but these sheets were printed on 2 mil
"Blown tri-acetate film" Finding it today will be as much a problem
as finding envelopes with glassine windows. The images were printed
by Transvisaion using a propriatary process where the colors were
printed bu litho, and then a white reflective layer was screened
over it.

 You might use blown polypropylene film.

MayKitten
--- William Minter <WMNTR@AOL.COM> wrote:
>  Stone Eye - An Exhibition of the Midwest Chapter, Guild of Book
> Workers
>   For information about the exhibition, and to order your
> catalog, see

> In a message dated 6/11/02 8:13:15 AM, bill@WILLIAMTOZIER.COM
> writes:
>
> << If I were guessing from the feel and texture, I'd think they
> were
> Mylar -- but I'm not convinced Mylar was around in the mid 1960s.
> Any
> advice would be welcomed.
>  >>

> DuPont Mylar was first manufactured in the late 1950's.
> You mention that:
> "The plastic is surprisingly supple and strong, has kept its
> transparency
> very well, and yet is extremely thin."
> While Mylar (polyester film) is strong and SHOULD remain
> transparent for a
> LONG time, it is not -- in my opinion -- supple (as in soft and
> supple).
> You might also like to know that most polyester films, such as
> DuPont Mylar,
> need to be coated to permit printing.
> You might have the film tested to determine its type.
> Good Luck,
> Bill Minter
>
> William Minter Bookbinding & Conservation, Inc.
> 4364 Woodbury Pike
> Woodbury, PA   16695
> 814-793-4020
> fax 814-793-4045