Re: [BKARTS] Is fairy dust required in making adhesive lay-flat bindings?

>>Now I am wondering if I need to say a certain kind of prayer before
making each book, or perhaps bookbinders are not telling me that I
have to sprinkle fairy dust on each and every  binding I make.<<

No guarantees, but I have posted (since Ben was good enough to
read my article so quickly, I thought I would try to be equally
responsive)  my method for fan-gluing on my website at
http://www.temperproductions.com/fanglue.htm.  I hope this helps.  I
can only say that I have not had the problems Ben has had.

However, I do wonder about the validity of the whip test Ben mentions
as a means of testing a book.  Anything can be destroyed if it is
subjected to trials beyond its normal use. This test, as I visualize it,
does not seem to correlate to any manner in which an actual book is
used.

                                                        Pete Jermann

Pete Jermann
TeMPeR Productions