Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 20 Jun 2002 to 21 Jun 2002 (#2002-170)

on 6/22/02 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor at LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
wrote:

> I'll be in the D.C. area around the first of July.
> Does anyone know of places/events of special interest
> to a calligrapher and fan of handmade books? Thanks.
> Julia DeHoff

You should go and check out the Smithsonian Folk Life Festival on the Mall
which features the theme of the Silk Road this year. There will be
papermakers (I understand form Japan and Khotan) and Turkish marbler Feridun
Özgören will be demonstrating their crafts among other activities.

Jake Benson

Benson's Hand Bindery
Fine Custom Bookbinding & Conservation
Hand Marbled Papers