Re: [BKARTS] Miriam Schaer

Anyone in Southern California who gets to attend Miriam's lecture and/or
workshops will be in for a treat.  I have known Miriam for a dozen years and
I am constantly in awe when I see the body of outstanding artist books that
she has created.    However, don't let her exquisitely-crafted book
intimidate you.  She brings an inclusive spirit and clear instruction to her
teaching. I know this from experience, as she taught me gum printing.
Miriam has a keen intellectual interest in books and I'm sure that her
lecture will draw on her extensive collection of slides.  Hooray for the
people who put together Miriam's visit.  You are going to have an
entertaining and enlightening experience with her.

In the book arts we tend to be geo-centric.  Here on the east coast we
usually see the work of the same stable of local artists.  We need more
exchanges like this.  It is always a treat when some of the outstanding book
artists from the west coast and mid-west (like Emily Martin who is currently
in residence at the Center for Book Arts in Manhattan) visit our area.

If you can, take advantage of this rare west coast visit by Miriam Schaer.

Ed (Hutchins)