Re: [BKARTS] Xyron laminators?

I am very curious about the Xyron laminator that Rupert Evans mentioned
again. I checked back and Rupert had mentioned the Xyron before but I
thought it was just like any other laminator. Now I see that this laminator
applies a layer of cold glue but rolls the paper and plastic laminate
together. It seems to be more versatile than hot laminating and can laminate
a huge variety of things. I would be very interested to know the following
about the Xyron laminator:

   1. Does the one sided lamination result in curling of book cover card
stock?
   2. Does the Xyron cold glue hold stronger on card stock than the typical
hot lamination? Is it hard to delaminate from card stock? What about heavily
coated stock?
   3. I understand that the Xyron plastic lamination is polypropylene. I
have heard this is softer than Mylar or Nylon, but is the Xyron
polypropylene acceptable for books in terms of scuffing and scratching?
   4. Is the Xyron lamination more expensive that hot lamination or other
lamination systems? I figured the Xyron lamination would cost about 80 cents
US for a 8.5 x 11 inch book format. I want to use it for semi production
book binding.
   5. Is it possible to buy Xyron lamination supplies in bulk for a lower
cost when my volumes go up?
   6. What other neat things could I do as far as book covers go with this
Xyron cold lamination system?

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
8-1200 Brunette Ave. Coquitlam BC Canada V3K1G3
E-mail: ben@benwiens.com
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "The Future of Fuel Cells"