[BKARTS] First Binding

I finished my first hand binding today.  It's an 8" x
5 1/2" book with a single signature.

Although it probably looks like a first effort, I am
pleased.  I had trouble with the corners, the cloth
was difficult to cut straight (with scissors) until I
thought to use a steel pica stick and x-acto knife,
and I had glue everywhere.  I made one major mistake.
Along with the pages and super, I sewed in a ribbon as
a page marker, but it comes out of the bottom of the
book.

Still, it truly was a learning experience; and it does
look like a book!

Kathy Wolford, Mineral Springs, Pa., kathleenwolford@yahoo.com