Re: [BKARTS] board shearer

I have my shear's weight set so that it counter balances the weight of the
blade.  That way it will either stay fully up or down.  I also have a
locking pin through the arm of the blade that goes through the weight.
That way, should the locking bolt in the counter weight somehow come loose,
the weight can not fall off.  I have heard of cases where this has
happened, first causing the blade to unexpectedly rise and then fall once
the weight has fallen off - let alone what could happen to someone's foot
should it be in the way of the falling weight.  I am surprised that your
blade stops at 30 degrees instead of slowly continuing upward.  Have you
oiled or greased the pivot mechanism?

Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery