[BKARTS] board shearer solution

Thank you everyone, for your insightful advice.  Though there is
disagreement about whether the blade should be ultimately up or down,
there is consensus that it should not be sticking mid-way.  I have had a
look, and can make a minute adjustment to the blade length at a central
position to correct this slight point of undue friction.  We have then
decided that it would be best to have it gently balanced upwards when in
use, but (just to make things complicated!) it should be 'put to sleep'
at night and for tours of the lab in a downwards position (though off
the record, I'd rather have it up at all times :)  ).  I'll engineer
some sort of latch or catch to lock it down when necessary.

Thanks
Doug Sanders