Re: [BKARTS] Altered Books -History

 Thank you to those who replied, re the research on the History of the  Altered Book, I have done indepth research into many individual book artists and find there is  a fine line  or none at all between artists books and altered books.....it is where the divergence took place and when that I am trying to identify. Or to establish if it just a term and not a true defining difference at all.
I think it goes back to William Morris but am not sure as he was really a Publisher/author but some say he was also the first book artist....can it be said that he also was a book alterer? Or was it Manet who altered his art journals by adding extraneous matter to them to enhance the images? Some could also argue that it began with the Illuminated Manuscripts ..............
Comments anyone?
Regards Sue B.
  Robyn Beth Priestley <robyn@PAINTEDTURTLEDESIGN.COM> wrote: You may want to also look up particular artists - even the jewelry designer
Thomas Mann has done altered books. His new book has several examples, and
he has a website.