[BKARTS] Hand Finishing Tools for sale

Greetings to all,

Over the coming several months, we will be offering for sale a small collection
of bookbinding hand finishing tools, made some years ago by an Australian
engineer / bookbinder.  The design of these tools was intended to improve upon
traditional English designs, most notably the problem of the tool handles
falling off due to constant heating and burning, etc.  In the fillets that are
being offered, there is no tang.  Instead, the means by which the wheel is
joined to the handle involves a thick-walled steel ferule, with a depth of 1",
into which fits the 16" wooden handle.  These handles are considerably longer
than the modern English designs, enabling good pressure against the shoulder,
and a more even pressure onto your work.

In the first instance, we are offering a series of single line fillets.  There
is a small selection of line thicknesses from which to choose;  the brass wheels
of these fillets are two and three quarter inches in diameter.

Also being offered separately are a selection of single line brass fillet wheels
(with no axles and handles);  that is, just the wheel with centre hole.  The
wheels are available in a variety of line thicknesses.

We have been using these tools for many months, and find them well-balanced and
we are happy to use them.

There are no photographs of the collection, but we can answer any questions.

Enquiries welcome.

antiquebooks@ozemail.com.au

Peter Krantz.

Book Restorations.
34 Clanville Road,
Roseville,
N.S.W.  2069,
Australia.

(P.O. Box 500,  North Sydney,  N.S.W.  2059.)

Telephone:  +61 2 9416.9900
Fax:  +61 2 9416.6800
Email:  antiquebooks@ozemail.com.au

Established:  1976