Re: [BKARTS] Board Shears Blade

I've never sent my blades out to be sharpened. When necessary I just take an
oilstone and sharpen the blades, without removing them from the shears. When
properly adjusted the shears should cut a sheet of tissue or thin paper cleanly
the entire length of the blade, with just the weight of the blade and no other
force. It should not be necessary to have your hand on the blade handle when
cutting paper.

Many blades are ruined by people who pull the blade handle toward them while
cutting. All that does is cause the blades to cut each other.

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com