[BKARTS] remedy for foxing

Foxing has been identified as the metabolic products of tonophilic fungi
(aka xerophilic fungi). Cool, dry conditions apparently inhibit foxing.

Has anyone tried freezing books to inhibit foxing?  I realize that we can't
keep all foxed books in deep freeze, but I'm wondering it freezing for a
certain time might render the fungi dormant -- or dead.

Yours, Bill Godshalk

*    W. L. Godshalk                                                          *
*    Professor, Department of English              *
*    University of Cincinnati                                             *
*    Cincinnati OH 45221-0069                   *   Stellar Disorder
*    godshawl@email.uc.edu                                *
*
          *