Re: [BKARTS] Searching for light paper

 "Jessica P. Hekman" <jphekman@ARBORIUS.NET> wrote:

>I have a book in PDF format, and I'd like to take it to a printer to have
it printed and cut to size, and then bind it myself. The printer that I'm
considering has only very heavy paper for his laser printer (I'm guessing
25 lbs or so), but says that the printer can take paper as light as 16
lbs; I would just have to supply the paper, as they don't carry paper that
light.<

Jessica,

Depending on how much text/graphic matter (and how dark/solid it is) you
have on the pages of your book file, if you are printing both sides of a
page/sheet there may be an unpleasant amount of show-through from one side
of a page to the other if your paper is very lightweight.

You may want to test-print a couple of pages back to back on various weights
of paper before you commit to a particular paper for the whole book.

Randi