Re: [BKARTS] Searching for light paper

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Jessica P. Hekman wrote:

> I have a book in PDF format, and I'd like to take it to a printer to have
> it printed and cut to size, and then bind it myself. The printer that I'm
> considering has only very heavy paper for his laser printer (I'm guessing
> 25 lbs or so), but says that the printer can take paper as light as 16
> lbs; I would just have to supply the paper, as they don't carry paper that
> light.
>
> I'm at a loss as to where to find a small amount (hopefully less than a
> thousand sheets) of such paper. I tried Stapes and OfficeDepot; the only
> paper close to that weight that they carry (15 lbs and 18 lbs) is
> perforated. I'm looking for paper similar in color and feel to the paper
> in a generic paperback book.

As people on this list suggested, I tried PaperWorks and XpedX. Neither
has anything lighter than 20 lb. I picked up a sample from PaperWorks of
their 20 lb, and it would just work, I guess, but I'd really rather find
something a little lighter, say 18 lb. (I've been told that 16 is probably
going to be too light.)

If I can't find any other source, I'll suck it up and go with the 20 lb --
but thought I'd check in with the list one more time just in case.

Thanks,
Jessica