Re: [BKARTS] Selling to Institutions

Kevin:

I find the Special Collections departments of the major libraries who
collect my books to be quite easy to work with. They pay full price and
send payment promptly. I regularly send them updates of my printed catalog
and, with each new book that comes out, I send a promotional flyer to
remind them I'm still alive and publishing.

Pat Baldwin

At 11:01 AM 09/12/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I am preparing to market my artist books to a few library and museum special
>collections. Any ideas out there about what I might run into?
>
>Do these types of collections ask for an institutional discount? In general,
>do they normally pay immediately upon viewing or do they issue a purchase
>order?
>
>Any hints about the process or pitfalls would be much appreciated.
>
>Have a good day,
>
>Kevin Thomas

"I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.