[BKARTS] Monograph [cross-posted]

I am putting together the manuscript for a new monograph that I will
be releasing next spring. This will be produced in the same format as
the second edition of _Printing digital type on the hand-operated
flatbed cylinder press_.

The text consists of several deliberations:

the application of letterpress compositional strategies in the
digital environment (this springs from an examination of the
composition of typographers such as Saul Marks),

designing for the requirements and restrictions of letterpress
technology and operations,

configuring and optimizing digital type for letterpress printing with
photopolymer plates.

A number of comparative visual examples accompany the text. Some of
this material has appeared in various articles but is here gathered
together for the first time.

For lack of imagination, the working title is _Beyond the Composing
Stick_!?! If you would like to be put on the mailing list for receipt
of the prospectus for the monograph (at a pre-publication price)
please forward your address to me OFF-LIST. The prospectus will go
out toward the beginning of next year.

Gerald Lange
The Bieler Press
Bieler Press Monographs