[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] Technical Term for Islamic Book

Hello Everyone:

Might someone on this list know the technical term for the flap that extends from the back cover over the fore-edge and then sits on the front cover? These type of fore-edge/book flaps are usually found on Islamic-style books.

Many thanks,
Mercedes Bookbinding & Repair
Toronto, ON   CANADA

email:  villa-urbana@sympatico.ca

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

        Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]