[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] Arabic Book Terms

Dear Mercedes,
Sorry for the too simple answer. The flap is called LISAN, pl. ALSUN.
Sometimes also called MIQLAB, pl MAQALIB. Having said that, I've encountered
other names in Fez, Cairo, Damascus, etc., depending upon the speaker. Best,

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

        Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]