Re: [BKARTS] Book Plow

Dear Amrit Bamrah,

I use a plough.  It can do very fine trimming indeed, if kept sharp and used properly.  The one I have is a combination unit plough and lying bookpress which I bought used from a woman in North York.  She apparently had it from the maker, whom she reported to be a binder/toolmaker in Montreal, from whom she had taken lessons.  I have forgotten the name.  However, there are a few such units in existence, and I would first check with CBBAG members and suppliers before trying to go it alone.  It's not a particularly demanding piece of technology, but a fairly sizable project for a first time.

If you don't know about CBBAG, you should: http://www.cbbag.ca/

Gavin