[BKARTS] oak boards

Hi Karl,

"Where can I obtain oak boards for binding"

Millworkers can plane down oak boards to the thickness you want - we work
with lots of them if you want to contact me off line.

And, you might want to decide if you want English brown oak rather than
American and which cut of log would be best for your project, rift,
quarter-sawn or plane-sliced.

Old oak trees were grown slowly and the rings were much tighter together.
Oak has been in favor for so long, current trees are grown for speed and the
grain is much wilder - just compare oak flooring of current stock with a
turn of the last century homes.

Also, there is a method called "fuming" which turns oak "browner" and gives
it aged character.

Cheers, A.