Re: [BKARTS] Chap books

Kat
>From http://www.iupui.edu/~engwft/chapbooks.htm
"Although the term "chapbook" was not coined until the early nineteenth century, the term designates works of popular literature sold for a few pence, often by itinerant pedlars or "chapmen," which were in circulation from the sixteenth to the nineteenth centuries" and much more...
Hope this helps
Dave

At 11:36 AM 23/09/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey All
>I wonder if anyone could shed light on the origin  and definition of chap books....
>Thanks,
>~kat

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue