Re: [BKARTS] Book Plow: Once Again

A plough made of metal is perfectly feasible, but in order to keep the weight
down and at the same time have a handle that is comfortable, it probably would
have to be cast from aluminum (or magnesium). However, in order to do this you
would need to make a pattern in wood, which would require almost as much work
as making a plough of wood.
Rupert

http://www.philobiblon.com"              <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> =====
>Hi Everyone,

encouraged to make my own Plow (or Plough). The question comes to my mind is -
Is there any special reason that the Plow has to be wooden? I have access to a
machine shop and can make a metallic Plow easily and I think it will be
durable and will better maintain its accuracy. Apart from being heavy and
difficult to make, is there any other reason? May be a risk of damage to the
paper, which is highly unlikely.

>I really appreciate the effort members take to help other fellow members.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Amrit Bamrah
>
>1

Rupert N. Evans
May 1-October 31: 101 W Windsor Rd. #4107, Urbana, IL 61802-6697;
217-337-7833
December 1-April 30: 501-391 S LaPosada Circle, Green Valley, AZ 85614; 520-648-8365
Author of Book-On-Demand Publishing
I love to print and bind books