Re: [BKARTS] Book Plow: Once Again

How about this as an idea:

 Check out a type of plow known as a vertical plow. I have used one like
this but don't know where there is a photo. Perhaps someone else on this
list could point you to one.

In this sort of plow the book lies horizontally and the plow chisel is
vertical.

Fix two steel rods along one edge. The plow "carriage" would have two holes
in it to ride back and forth on the rods.

The plow blade is fixed in the carriage, and has two controls. One is a
screw and wheel or a rack and pinion to raise and lower the blade, or  just
you press down on a handle and a spring pushes up. Something to move the
blade up and down. You would need some sort of dovetail way or rods or
something so the blade moves up and down smoothly.

Or maybe the blade can be fixed to a plate , one end of the plate is screwed
to the carriage, you press on the other end and the plate and blade goes
down in an arc...not perfect but simpler. The other end of the plate can
have a bolt in a slot so it doesn't wobble while being pressed down...I
think this is how the plow blade worked on the vertical plow I used several
years ago.. can't really remember...

You would also need some sort of tilt adjustment to fine tune the vertical
to make sure the blade is accurately vertical.

I guess the challenge is to "think metal" when all your examples are
wooden...

Another thing I am thinking of  is those paper cutters or mat cutters that
use a circular blade and you run the blade carriage back and forth until the
paper is cut...

Chris