[BKARTS] Printing on cloth covers

GLUING TO BACKING GOOD TIP
Kathleen, guess commercial printers don't want to go through the extra step of temporarily gluing the cloth to a backing, but good tip.

WHY HARDCOVER BOOKS AREN'T PRINTED?
I read a book recently in which the author, a commercial printer, claimed that it was ridiculous that most hardcover books still did not have full color printing on the covers because there are cloths that allow lithography, laser, and inkjet printing on them.

COATED BOOKCLOTH
I got some samples of an acrylic coated book cloth called Linenset recently from Columbia Finishing Mills that is stiff enough in the flat direction that I can run it through my inkjet printer without having to glue it to a backing.

ACCUTECH CLEAR COATER
For commercial books at least I would want to clear coat the inkjet printing even if it would be dye based. Accutech has a machine for desktop coating.

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
8-1200 Brunette Ave. Coquitlam BC Canada V3K1G3
E-mail: ben@benwiens.com
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "The Future of Fuel Cells"