Re: [BKARTS] Printing on covers

At 11:44 AM 9/26/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Epson does make an ink jet printer with permanent waterproof inks. I can't
>remember the model number offhand. I believe HP is soon to come out with
>their own version, too.

That is the Epson C80 printer. I have one and love it.

I have printed on Iris book cloth, without extra paper backing; it works
beautifully. I mounted a printed photograph on a mouse pad; it is still
perfect after 6 month's use. The only problem I see is that, since it will
accommodate only an 8 1/2" width, I can't print a piece wide enough for a
one-piece cover for a taller book, including turnins.

I'll have to experiment with shorter books, or stick to Coptic, accordion,
etc., bindings. I suppose it would work for half-bindings but, somehow, I
don't think I'd like illustrated covers on such books.

Epson has another, more expensive, that accommodates 11 x 17 paper.

Betty
Betty Storz
PO Box 542
Mendocino, CA  95460