Re: [BKARTS] Paste experts reveal...

Don Drake wrote:

> Question:
>
> What is the difference between starch in wheat starch and corn starch?
>
> What is the difference in the paste that would come from each?

I use both. In terms of working characteristics, the Zen Shofu
wheatstarch paste seems tackier than cornstarch paste of comparable
thickness. Cornstarch paste is slightly acidic, but can be buffered with
a bit of calcium hydroxide solution. The big difference is price:
cornstarch $.99/lb; Zen Shofu $12.50/lb.
I've come to like the Zen Shofu a lot, but for editions and a lot of my
daily work I still use cornstarch.

Don Rash