Re: [BKARTS] Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape?

Good morning Winston & family,
Congratulations on reading to your children, there's an old saying that "if
you breathe into a horse's nostrils it will follow you anywhere" - reading
aloud to children has very much the same effect.
Now to tape - most art supply stores carry Archival tape in two styles - a
plain white tape that is useful for mending covers, etc. and a transparent
tape by the same company that you can use on top of text. It come in a flat
box is fairly expensive approx. $30.00+ and we use about a box a year in
the book store.
The preferred way is to use a very thin Japanese paper and a starch paste (
I was lucky enough to get some as packing materail when I ordered several
roll of fancy paper from the japanese paper store in Toronto.
An aside - when we were kids, My mom used to wrap all of our books in
Christmas paper -she made dust jackets for them, and they've survived much
better than the ones that weren't wrapped.  This was mainly a heavy foil
paper with a regular paper backing. But survival over 60 years now is
pretty good.

We used to live in the Territories and always landed in Edmonton when we
flew out, one of our favorite stops if we had time was the public library
where they had a small animal collection, probably long gone...
  All the best, Alice

Filmoplast ® P Archival Paper Mending Tape.
Filmoplast® P is a highly transparent mending ...

The Japanese Paper Place  www.japanesepaperplce.com
887 Queen Street West
ph: 416-703-0089