From: Leslie Cefali [mailto:LJCefali@AOL.COM]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 6:14 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape?

In a message dated 9/30/02 1:22:56 AM, winston@BLACKRIDERS.COM writes:

<< What do
better librarians and archivists use to patch up damage to
'run-of-the-mill' books? >>

There is a clear book repair tape available that does not yellow made by
Scotch - it is called Scotch Book Tape. The numbers on the box I have say -
845 in large type and 07383-0 in smaller type right under the 845. It is
made
by 3M.

I have used it to repair many, many children's books that I used in the
classroom when I taught, and the librarian used it in the media center as
well.
I do not remember where I bought it, but seems like I ordered it from a
library supply company rather then purchased it at a store.  I would bet you
could order it from Highsmith catalog.
Leslie