Re: [BKARTS] Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape?

Winston,
I would suggest that lens paper and starch paste would be the best and easiest repair method. You probably can get the lens paper from a photo store (it is used to clean camera lenses) and the starch paste can be purchased at most scrapbook stores.
I have spent many hours removing tape from children's books with which some well-meaning parent fixed a tear. Years later the grandchildren now treasure the book so much they will pay a hundred dollars to repair it. When fixing any book always try to follow two major rules. Never use any procedure that cannot be reversed and think centuries, not years.
Dave

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia