Re: [BKARTS] Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape? What about edge gluing?

I was wondering if using tape or paper strips is the only way of fixing torn
pages. Seems like a huge and ugly way of making a repair when you really
think of it. Considering that some people are willing to pay good money some
more sophisticated methods may be possible?

Is it impossible to actually glue the edges of the paper together? When I
was developing fuel cells at Ballard a few years ago, I hand deposited paper
thin "poured in place" seals on the carbon paper electrodes under a high
power stereo microscope using a foot actuated syringe. Every strand of the
carbon paper was clearly visible and it was possible with a super fine
hollow needle to inject minute amounts of sealant onto selected areas of the
paper. In fact using tweezers the actual paper strands near the edge might
be manipulated into mesh? Anyone tried this?

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
8-1200 Brunette Ave. Coquitlam BC Canada V3K1G3
E-mail: ben@benwiens.com
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "The Future of Fuel Cells"