Re: [BKARTS] stiff morrocan leather

Dave,
       You may have gotten some leather that was tanned too long. Too long in
the veg vats causes loss of integrity. If that is the case,I'd recommend
paring it thin, embossing titles onto it and gluing it on the spines. It is
not good for any "structural" work on the book. You may moisten it a bit with
many kinds of leather treatment: lanolin, neat's foot oil, mink oil, etc.
       I bought some leather through the mail a while ago. It was the correct
weight and color (natural) but turned out to be chrome tanned and finished in
a natural color, instead of having a natural finish. And it's a lot, too. An
expensive lesson. I rarely buy through the mail any more.
Good luck,