Re: [BKARTS] Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape?

Like Dave I have also spent hours (and hours and hours) removing tape
from paper.  Two seconds to apply the tape—thirty minutes to take it
off.  It's expensive to the client, and it's frustratingfor the
conservator.

And then there is the damage to paper and ink caused by the adhesive and
the damaged paper that broke along the hard edge of the carrier.  This
is why I don't use tape anymore, nor do I recommend its use.  However,
people are accustomed to tape, and they will use it, and so
understanding that, I try to point them in the direction of soft-edged
paper products with advice to never apply it over printing.

Lens paper sounds like a good solution to the problem of finding a
suitable paper for use with starch paste.

Carol
Eugene, OR
====