Re: [BKARTS] Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape? What about edge gluing?

A few years ago I produced a short videotape entitled "Book Repair for
Circulating Collections" and it shows how to do edge gluing of cuts on
paper using an archival PVA (Jade 403) and a needle.

No microscopes necessary....  In essence, 'stitches' of PVA are applied
as dots at the cut edge using a common needle as an adhesive carrier.

The repair is boned down between sheets of silicone release paper (check
with a local baker if you don't want to purchase a roll of the stuff; it
is what they line baking pans with, or so I've been told.)

One of the other things demonstrated on the video is cutting 'archival'
self-adhesive tape into narrower widths before applying it to a cut/torn
edge of a book page.

On a personal note, Ben, when will there be affordable fuel cells for use
in my off-the-grid cabin?

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick