Re: [BKARTS] stiff morrocan leather

Dave,

When skins come out of the tan bath they are stiff, and need to be curried
to soften them.  The leather you received may have been native tanned and
not curried.

If you send me a 6-inch square piece from one of them I'd be happy to
apply some post-tannage oils and some elbow grease to determine whether
or not the skins are a total loss or not.

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217