[BKARTS] sticky questions

I am making a "text block" for a photo album.
Thirty-five sheets of 110# cover stock. Pages are
joined with glue at half-inch folds on each page,
which form the spine.

Opinions sought:
What is the best glue or paste for this: pva, wheat
paste, or wheat starch paste?

How can I keep the glue from drying out as put paste
on each of the 35 half-inch folds. When I get to the
last sheet, the moisture in the glue on the first page
seems already to have evaporated.

Thanks,
Ed Völler