Re: [BKARTS] Kutrimmer cutters

I have the 1080 and I'm still kicking myself. Mind you, for what I do its
great, though the thickest it can comfortably handle is 80pt board Davey
type board. It can do the 98pt, but it's an effort. 60pt is no problem. For
the thickest you really MUST get a Jacques or other "professional" grade
machine. There's really no way around it. The reason I'm kicking myself is
that the 1080 is about 3" too short to cut a piece 32x40 barrier board, my
personal favorite. Matboard, which I occasionally use is also to wide to
cut. The larger model Kutrimmer was only $2-300 more at the time, and in
retrospect it was silly of me not to make the investment.

Other reasons I like it:

Works just fine for the kind of work I do at home, i.e. conservation,
boxes, small editions, fine binding, model RR projects.
Lightweight (2 can carry it easily), and won't crash through floors - this
is also a drawback in terms of heavy duty use.
Fits up narrow stairs, and doesn't take up huge amounts of space.

Hope this helps.

p.