Re: [BKARTS] Kutrimmer cutters

Since I cut very few boards from binder's board I got rid of my
board shear some years ago.

Now, when it is necessary to cut down a sheet of binder's board or
barrier board, I use an old Keeton mat cutter, such as those used
by picture framers.

It has two blades; one cuts a 45 deg. bevel - the other makes a
straight cut.

An added advantage of the bevel blade is that I can cut a hair-line
bevel off the edges of a book board instead of using sandpaper and
making a pile-O-dust.

And when I'm done with the cutter, it hangs up on the wall.

Jack

>>Hello,
>>
>>  I would appreciate any help in selecting a cutter to cut bookboard with.
>>Based on input from the listserv, I'm considering a Kutrimmer cutter. I'm
>>not sure if I should get the 1071 28" model, or the 1080 31 1/2" model. I'd
>>like it to be able to cut the thickest of bookboard. Does anyone have any
>>experience they would be willing to share?
>>
>>Kind regards for any help.
>>Kelly

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick